Monday, July 18, 2011

Why I Write Romance/Erotica

I love reading. I read a little of everything: Classics such as Dracula, YA novels, Mystery/Suspense, Romance, Erotica, Chick-Lit and some Fantasy. Nicholas Sparks gives me hope when I feel hopeless, Sarah Dessen gives me hope for a future generation, James Patterson thrills me, George Pappas makes me tingle in all the right places, Chicki Brown makes me giggle and keeps me entertained.

I have dabbled in mystery, but I find it's not really my forte. The adventure and excitement was awesome, but planning deaths, twists and turns, etc. just didn't thrill me; therefore, I am sure my readers would not be thrilled. I want readers to close a book I have written feeling like they made a friend, a connection.

Romance is all around, if we open our hearts and minds to it. Many times, that is easier said that done. We all get scared. We don't want yet another broken heart. We forget the good love can bring. I want to bring back the feelings of infatuation, love, and the enhancing beginnings of a relationship to you, my readers. I want you to step back and remember your heart fluttering, and I want you to find that again. It doesn't matter if you have been in a relationship for twenty years, you can still get it back. No, I am not suggesting an affair. Fall in love with your partner again. Work for it - you will find it.

In all love relationships, especially once you are committed, sex is important. Hell, it's more than important. It's essential. It makes you feel alive, makes you glow, and gives you energy. It leaves you feeling sexy and wanted, and let's face it, we all want to feel that way.

Hiding under the covers pretending to be asleep does not accomplish anything but driving a wedge between you and your partner. Trust me, I know this for a fact from my own experiences. You miss out on a great deal of bonding and become two completely separate people who have forgotten how to love, bond, and laugh.

My novels are full of steamy, hot, and sexy acts. Some of you may blush, but that's okay. My language isn't clean - these books are not written for teens. But, there is love. There is happiness. There is release. There is excitement. There is fun.

What are some of your shortcomings when it comes to sex? Are you too shy? Are you just too tired? Do you hold resentments toward your partner that you bring into the bedroom? Or are you all out there and love sex? Think about it, and if you are holding back, why? Stop punishing yourself and have some fun!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a genre that 'thrills' you. It's always best to write what you enjoy. Good luck with your work - love, happiness, sexiness and fun all sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the support Tracey. I appreciate it. Hope you come back and visit here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassandra,

    I am so glad you found a home that gives you the satisfaction every writer looks for in their work. I, too, found that satisfaction in the erotica genre, and always get a great thrill when readers let me know they have enjoyed reading my stories as much as I liked writing them.

    I wish you continued success, and pleasure, in your genre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashen, thank you! I am excited about this. I've been writing for a long time, but am only now finding the nerve and strength to let others know. I just started a Twitter and Facebook account and am quite nervous about it. And the blog! I almost didn't do it. I'm glad I opted to put it all out there! Best of luck to you as well.

    ReplyDelete